Monday, October 25, 2010

Monday Menu





Just a half day of work today so I'm off now to putter, cook and enjoy the amazing fall weather. The leaves now are a beautiful gold and red and with the sun shining they are brilliant. I'm trying to will Fall to last another month or so. I hate to see this beauty fade away.



Anyway, trying a new recipe for tonight. We love meatloaf and I found a Mini Meatloves recipe at All Recipes.
Ingredients:

1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1 teaspoon salt
1 pound ground beef
2/3 cup ketchup
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
+
In a large bowl, combine egg, milk, cheese, oats and salt. Add the ground beef, mix well and form into eight miniature meatloaves. Place these in a lightly greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
+
In a separate bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar and mustard. Sitr thoroughly and spread over each meatloaf.
+
Bake, uncovered for 45 minutes.


Can't wait to see how they are. I've never used oats in meatloaf before. This recipe was rated an average of 4 1/2 stars (out of 5) by almost 1,000 people. Should be good. We'll see shortly.

2 comments:

  1. I love oats in meatloaf. I always used regular oatmeal not quick cooking. I used cooked barley once - it was really delicious, but did not hold together at all until it was cold. But I like cold meatloaf best anyway. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely fall colors...my daughter makes mini meatloaf all the time and thenn she freezes some for later.

    ReplyDelete